Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Grandparents Day at School

I will finally blog about my trip to TX. I've actually been home now for a couple of weeks but haven't posted because I'm lazy.

Grandparents Day: Ben, who is in first grade, called home from school a few days after I arrived and here's how it went.
Ben: Crystal, it's Grandparents Day at school. My teacher said you can come and bring Landon.
Crystal: Oh, what's grandparents day?
Ben: It's when grandparents come to school and eat lunch. Ok, see you soon.
Click.

A few minutes later his teacher calls back to make sure we understood what was going on. She said he'd been asking her all morning if he can call and invite his aunt and finally at recess she let him use her cell phone to call.

I picked up Subway on the way to the school and found Ben in the lunch room. It was sure fun to feel so special that he wanted me to come to lunch with him even though I wasn't his grandparent.

Here is our lunch conversation.....
Ben: Crystal, why did you have to move away?
Crystal: Because Uncle Troy had to go to school.
Ben: There's schools in Texas you know.
Crystal: Ya, but not the kind of school Troy is in.
Ben: Well, why don't you stay here and Troy goes to school there.
Crystal: That would be fun but I would miss Troy so much.
Ben: Just talk to him on the phone.
Crystal: Well, I'd want to see him too because I love him.
Ben: That's easy, just look at a picture.

Problem solved!



1 comment:

Auntie Lolo said...

Ok that is SOOOO cute that he wanted you to come to Grandparent's Day!!