Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Peter, Peter, Pumpkin Eater

Did you know that Peter is a squirrel? It's true, I've seen him for 2 years now eating my pumpkins in mid day on my front porch. He lives in that tree and it only took a few days for this to happen to my pumpkin. I had 2 good sized pumpkins and one baby pumpkin. A few days later the baby pumpkin had been swiped. No sign of it. A few more days later, and I have a gaping hole exposing the inerds of another pumpkin, thus doomed for the trash to prevent a swam of ants that have already appeared. I would really like to enjoy having pumpkins on my porch to create a festive Fall display. Instead, when I drive up to my house I see Peter on top of my pumpkin digging away and bits of pumpkin flying everywhere. I don't understand why my porch gets the squirrel and not my neighbor who lives just 2 doors down (in a townhome community) with a much larger Fall display than mine. What shall I do?

1 comment:

Stacy said...

That is hilarious! What fun to have a squirrel eat your pumpkin! So much excitement. My kids would love it!