Saturday, July 5, 2008

Landon vs. Linus


Ok, so I knew Landon had a blanket attachment issue, but I never realized how severe it was until today. I first noticed this blanket attachment issue when he was about 8 months old and would always pull it off the side of his crib, pile it up, then lay on top of it to sleep. There was a time that he woke up in the night and we couldn't figure out what he needed to go to sleep. After trying everything we knew of to calm him down I was about to put him in his crib and let him cry when he saw his blanket and pulled it with him while I layed him down. Instant sleep.
Today right before nap I started a load of laundry including his blanket (which had to be done becasue we're leaving on a trip tomorrow). I kinda thought this attachment had worn off a little since it's summer and he hasn't really used a blanket, even though he still has the blanket with him. Well, was I mistaken. An hour passed and he had whined and whined. Finally his blanket was dry so I decided to give it to him although I thought he was too upset to settle down for a nap at this point. As soon as he grabbed his blanket he smiled and put it to his face, and yes, went to sleep. I'm just flattered it's a blanket I made.


2 comments:

Auntie Lolo said...

That is seriously ADORABLE!!

Tamara said...

I can't believe how big he's gotten. I remember when he was a brand new newborn. I swear he gets cuter by the minute!