Thursday, June 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!


My Birthday was yesterday!!!! I am now 27 yrs old. Landon and I went down to the city to meet Troy for lunch at Jim's Steaks on South Street. They are ranked one of the best cheesesteak joints in the area. We thought they were so good. They said they go through about 500 lbs of meat a day! I believe it too, because the line was down the block.

Later on we had friends over for cake and ice cream. I don't have a picture of everyone, but there really were adults at my party, all you see are the kids! Also, look at how many cakes there are! I've always had the carrot cake (the cake with the big blue candle) for my birthday but this year I have fallen in love with a lemon cake that I talked about on Mother's Day. I we made both, and then my friend brought over a Chocolate Peanut Butter cake. I've never had that much dessert on my birthday! I had a great time with everyone, thanks for making me feel special! And thanks for all the phone calls from friends and my family.


here is the recipe for the lemon cake http://bakeforlife.blogspot.com/2009/04/fabulous-lemon-cake.html

5 comments:

KW said...

Happy, happy birthday! Looks like you had a great day.

Grandma Rebecca said...

Looks like you had a BIG time on your 27th Birthday, young lady!! Wish we could have been there to celebrate w/ you - & all the others...Surely hope you know how much we love you & your beautiful family!!

Emily said...

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful birthday! Those cakes look yummy! Hope this 27th year is a good one!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new picture at the top of your blog! What a handsome family!!

Kristin said...

Happy late birthday Crystal! It looks like it was a great day. Yummy looking cakes...

Sharla said...

Crystal I love your new family picture at the top it looks so good! Happy Birthday, sorry I forgot to call you! I can't believe it - my calendar must have been wrong ;)